A 12-year-old boy has been arrested after threats were made with a suspected firearm – with armed police dispatched to a street in Bury.
Officers were called to a house shortly after 4.30pm today after reports that a victim had been threatened.
A man and boy fled the scene with a suspected firearm and knife.
The 12-year-old boy has now been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm, police confirmed.
He has been taken into custody and his legal guardian has been informed, officials said in a statement.
The man who fled the scene is still at large. Detectives are searching a house a mile away from the incident tonight in connection with the report.
Pictures taken at the scene this evening show two police vehicles parked outside a house.
In a statement, a Greater Manchester Police spokesperson said: “Shortly after 4.30pm on Sunday 29 November 2020, police were called to Firwood Crescent in Radcliffe to reports that threats involving firearms had been made towards an occupant.
“Specialist officers attended and a man and boy fled armed with a suspected firearm and knife.
“No-one is believed to have been seriously injured.
“A 12-year-old boy was later arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm. He had been taken into custody for questioning and his legal guardian has been contacted.
“Officers are currently searching a property on Queen Street in connection with this incident.
“Enquiries are ongoing to trace the outstanding man.”